Thursday November 5, 2015. Gray wolves across the country need your help! Once again wolves are being targeted for removal from federal protections due to a rider attached to the 2016 appropriation bill. This anti-wolf legislation would make wolves vulnerable to hunting near Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming and the Great Lake states, ultimately weakening the Endangered Species Act.
Starting today we need you to contact political leaders to help oppose this rider that is now before Congress, by following the easy steps below:
- WHEN: Thursday November 5, 2015
- WHAT: Email your U.S. Senators and Representative in Congress asking them to “Please remove the anti-wolf rider from the Interior Appropriations Bill”. A sample email is posted below.
- HOW: Use the website “Democracy.io” to find your 3 representatives (2 senators, and 1 congressional rep.), and send the e-mail to each of them.
Here’s a sample e-mail. Feel free to modify it as you wish:
Please remove the anti-wolf rider from the Interior Appropriations Bill
Please work with your colleagues in Congress to remove the “delisting rider” for wolves in Wyoming and the Great Lakes states from the Interior Spending Bill FY 2016 when comes up for consideration.
Congress should not undermine wolf conservation by politically forcing a change of policy through a “rider.” Instead, conservation policy should be based on the best science available and on carefully crafted procedures of our Endangered Species Act.
In short, I urge you to please:
1. Oppose all efforts to include riders in a final spending bill that meddle with science and harm threatened species like the gray wolf.
2. Reject anti-wildlife legislation as a matter of principle, and defend one of the most popular and effective environmental laws ever enacted.
3. Defend America’s proud legacy of wildlife protection!
I look forward to your kind reply to my request. Thank you.
If you should need help with finding your representatives with the “Democracy.io” website please comment below and we can help you. You can click HERE for “Democracy.io“.
Thank you for your help! Stay tuned for another DAY OF ACTION in early December.