YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Red Wolf Recovery Program is
currently undergoing a 60-day review, which is to be completed by 10 October 2014.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is gathering public perspective and
opinion via three methods: (1) email, (2) an online survey and (3)
public focus group sessions. The future of the Recovery Program will
depend to a significant degree on public input, and the red wolves are
depending on YOU to be their voice. Below are ways you can show your
support for red wolves and red wolf conservation.
RWC Action Alert
- Send an email message to the Red Wolf Recovery Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that positive comments get more attention than negative ones! Also, please be sure to send your email message by the end of business on 12 September 2014.
- Complete the online survey at http://jgassett.polldaddy.com/
s/red-wolf-restoration- recovery-program. As above, be sure to complete your survey by the end of business on 12 September 2014. NOTE: Question #8 in the survey is seriously flawed! There is no option to say "None of the above" if you think that none of the choices apply. We suggest that you do this: Leave the choices ranked as they are and do not change the order. Then, in the COMMENT BOX found later in the survey, say that you could not rank the choices in Question #8 and that you think the question should BE DISCARDED FROM YOUR SURVEY FORM AND FROM ALL COMPLETED SURVEYS. Also, some users have reported a second problem with the survey; after answering just four questions, some respondents are being told they have finished the survey. If that happens to you, email Jonathon Gassett at email@example.com and register your complaint.
- Plan to attend a public focus group session. Details about these
sessions are not yet complete, so watch this page for future
information. In the meantime, here's what we know as of 29 August 2014:
- The first session will be in Swan Quarter, North Carolina, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 September 2014, in the Mattamuskeet High School Cafeteria, which is located at 20392 U.S. Highway 264.
- The second session will be held in Columbia, North Carolina, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, 11 September 2014, in the Columbia High School Auditorium, which is located at 902 East Main Street.
This information is via Red Wolf Coalition... and they need our help!