15 Sep 2015 - 11:30 to 14:30
European Parliament (Room PHS 7C050) in Brussels
European conference on wolf management to be held by the “Biodiversity, Hunting, Countryside” Intergroup at the European Parliament in Brussels on September 15th, 2015.
Against this backdrop the Intergroup on “Biodiversity, Hunting, Countryside” of the European Parliament will organize a conference on September 15th 2015 on the Return of the Wolf to the European Landscape: Challenges and solutions.
MEP Karl-Heinz Florenz (EPP) Intergroup President said: “Fairytales aside, we must avoid the situation, where wolves lose their natural wariness towards humans. When the media will report on the first serious incident, the “welcome back wolf-attitude” will disappear. This is exactly what we are trying to prevent by promoting a reasonable approach to managing the return of the wolf to the European landscape.” Mr Florenz will introduce the event which will be chaired by MEP Bendt BENDTSEN (EPP).
- Helmut DAMMAN-TAMKE, President of the Hunting Association of Lower Saxony
- Dr. Julien ALLEAU, Centre de Recherche d’Histoire Quantitative
- Emmanuel COSTE, COPA-COGECA
- Jozef DOCZY, Director Department of Forestry and Hunting, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Slovak Republic
-Semi NIEMI, Adviser at the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Finland
- Dr. Eick von RUSCHKOWSKI, Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU)
To register to the event:
Please send an email to Cecilia Luetgebrune: firstname.lastname@example.org